These general terms and conditions apply between you («You» or the «Customer») and «Travel Ideas L.T.D» («We»), the operator of the booking portal www.bookandgo.gr / www.bookandgo.eu (hereinafter referred to as the «Portal»).
It is requested that You read these terms and conditions carefully prior to using the Portal. By using the Portal, You agree to these terms and conditions. If You do not accept these terms and conditions, We ask that You refrain from using the Portal and exit this website.
You must be at least 18 years of age and act in your role as a private consumer to make a booking on the Portal. A private consumer is, as opposed to a business, a natural person who enters into a legal transaction for purposes which are predominantly outside its commercial and/or self-employed activities.
The T&Cs are set out as follows:
A. SCOPE OF SERVICES
1. Mediation of Travel Services
i. For the flight, hotel, insurance and car rental services offered on the Portal (collectively referred to as "Travel Services"), we exclusively act within our capacity as an intermediary. For this purpose, our role and duties are limited to mediating Travel Services that will be rendered by third parties such as airlines, travel operators, hotels, insurance companies, car rental companies or other service providers (hereinafter in each case "Service Provider").
ii. Consequently, the agreement for the actual provision of Travel Services (eg, contract of transport, insurance agreement) comes into effect directly between You and the relevant Service Provider. We are not a co-vendor of Travel Services and We are not a party to the contractual relationship between You and the Service Provider.
iii. By using the Portal to Purchase Travel Services, You authorize Us to mediate with the corresponding Service Provider (s) on your behalf, including the mediation of payment for these Travel Services, in order to ensure that the transaction between You and Service Provider (s) is performed. The price for the actual Travel Services may include a commission for the services we provide to mediate the agreement between you and the relevant Service Provider.
iv. Responsibility for the actual performance of the Travel Services mediated through the Portal is exclusively held by the relevant Service Provider. In our role as an intermediary, We do not assume any responsibility for the Travel Services to be rendered by the Service Providers and We do not represent or warrant the use of any of the Travel Services mediated on the Portal. For any claim You may have to deal with the performance or non-performance of the Travel Service, the Service Provider is the responsible addressee.
v. When booking Travel Services, we will send you your request to the relevant Service Provider. However, we can not take any responsibility on whether the Service Provider can actually fulfill such wishes.
2. Our own Services
Besides the mediation of Travel Services, as stated in Section 1.1 above, there are other services (except for Travel Services) available via the Network Platform, for which we ourselves are responsible for providing. For such additional services, you have a direct contractual relationship with us. In any case, we clearly inform you if and to what extent we offer our own services instead of providing only third party services. Our portfolio of services may vary over time. Some of our services are described in Section 8. For additional services not listed in these Terms and Conditions, you provide a detailed description of these additional services and information about our fees and the additional booking conditions and use within the course of the detention process.
3. Applicable contractual terms
i. These Terms and Conditions apply to the Mediation of the Travel Services in accordance with Section 1 and to our own services in accordance with Section 2.
ii. The agreement between You and the relevant Service Provider (Section 1.ii.), the general terms and conditions apply the relevant Service Provider (including the transport conditions, the transfer terms, insurance terms or the like), as issued by the Service Provider. These general terms and conditions of the relevant Service Provider will be communicated to you during the booking process. Because the terms and conditions of the Service Provider may include provisions on liability, cancellation, changes to reservations and refunds (if any) and other restrictions, we strongly recommend that you read these terms carefully. Upon completion of the booking, you accept the Terms and Conditions of the Service Provider without any liability and the Portal is not responsible.
B. RESERVATION PROCEDURE AND COMMUNICATION INFORMATION
1. During the booking process, the technical means required to detect errors in completing entry forms and correcting them before the submission of your booking request are provided. Please check all the data for accuracy before closing the booking request. Subsequent changes requests may lead to significant additional costs.
2. We may need to contact you, e.g. in the event of subsequent changes in the travel services markets. You must provide accurate contact information, such as your phone number and email address. You should also check continuously whether you have received a message from us.
3. It is also your responsibility to ensure that you are able to receive our messages. We are not responsible if you do not receive a message from us due to circumstances reasonably beyond our control, including - but not limited to - the following: (i) you have given us an incorrect email address, (ii) your email settings do not allow you to communicate with our e-mail. or (iii) your email settings are experiencing the e-mail message as spam.
C. BOOKING OF FLIGHTS
1. Conclusion of contract and price change
i. After submitting the booking request, we will confirm that your request has been received by email, provided that you have not selected the direct payment and issue of your air ticket. This is the moment of the conclusion of the mediation agreement between you and us. If you do not receive such confirmation within one hour of completing your booking request and none of the operators have contacted you by email or phone to indicate any problems, please contact us by phone for verification.
ii. Once your tickets have been issued, you will receive a confirmation message with a ticket number. This is the moment when a binding contract has been concluded between you and the airlines concerned.
iii. Flight prices, as well as availability of seats, are directly imported by the airline in force. For changes in airline prices beyond the control made after the booking request but prior to the conclusion of the contract with the airline (as referred to in section 1.ii here), the contract will not enter into force and the payment will be refunded to you in full. We can contact you and offer you the option to accept the price change during normal business hours, however no later than 24 hours after we notify the price change or the first business day afterwards.
2. Information on booking and transport conditions
i. Regarding the flights offered on the Portal, We exclusively act within our capacity as an intermediary. The agreement for the performance of the flight comes into effect directly between You and the relevant airline and We do not accept any contractual responsibility related to the performance or non-performance of your flight. The operating airline is solely responsible for performance / non-performance of your flight.
ii. Before You conclude the booking, the terms and conditions of the relevant airline(s) will be made available to You.
iii. Below, by way of a general overview, We provide information on conditions related to booking and transport typically applied by airlines in such or at least a similar way. However, any deviating provisions of the relevant airline prevail over the general information provided in hereinafter Section. Therefore, in each case, please check the applicable terms and conditions of the relevant airline prior to your booking.
- Flight times/check in: All flight times specified are local. Next-day arrivals are indicated with a "+1" on the timetable. The stated flight times are preliminary and subject to change on short notice after the ticket has been issued; for example, due to restrictions by flight control, the weather, or functional restrictions by the airline. Please keep yourself informed of the current times well ahead of your flight. Please comply with the check-in times stated by the airline. The airlines are entitled to refuse boarding if You are late for check-in. Kindly observe that some airlines encourage check-in through their own website as they may charge a check-in fee when checking in manually at the airport.
- Combination of individual tickets: A combination of two separate one-way tickets instead of a roundtrip ticket is clearly marked as such during the booking procedure. The tickets are treated independently from one another in the event of cancellation, change, disruption of air traffic such as strikes and changes to flight schedules. Each airline's own regulations will apply.Flight tickets with different booking numbers are always regarded as journeys that are independent of each other.
- Flight tickets with several segments/order of use: Your roundtrip ticket or one-way ticket may consist of several segments. According to the conditions of most airlines, such flight segments are to be used in sequence. If not, many airlines will refuse transport on subsequent flight segments (e.g. failure to use one segment of a journey could invalidate the rest of the ticket). For roundtrip tickets a no-show on Your outbound flight may result in Your inbound flight being cancelled by the airline.
- Pregnancy: Some airlines refuse to transport women who are past week 28th of pregnancy at the time of the outward or return flight. If you are pregnant You must clarify with the airline and your doctor whether or not You can commence the journey.
- Infants and child tickets: Please contact the airline to obtain the conditions for traveling with a child who does not have a separate seat. Usually, children above the age of 2 years require a separate seat, while children between the ages of 0 and 2 years travel as infants and will not be allocated a seat of their own. If the infant reaches the age of 2 before the end of the trip, a child ticket must be booked for the entire trip. Infant tickets cannot be booked before birth, as the correct name and date of birth must match those stated in the passport. We will not reimburse any expenses that arise if the wrong type of ticket is booked from the outset.
- Unaccompanied minors: We do not mediate the booking of any tickets for unaccompanied minors. Children under 18 years must be booked for a journey in the company of an adult. Some countries and airlines refuse entry to children under 18 years unless accompanied by a legal guardian. Please note that some airlines require children under the age of 18 to bring a birth certificate to travel.
- Lost/damaged luggage: Within our capacity as an intermediary, We accept no liability for lost or damaged luggage. Any problems should be reported immediately to the representative of the airline at the airport.
- Transit and overnight accommodation: Generally, ground transportation and/or overnight accommodation during your trip is not included in the flight ticket price. You are personally responsible for checking ground transportation timetables and prices.
- Connection times between flights: Standard tickets booked on the Portal have approved connection times. The times required for making connections between flights are calculated by the airlines. If a flight segment is delayed and leads to a missed connection, the airlines are obliged to assist You in reaching your final destination (see CUSTOMER RIGHTS ACCORDING TO THE EU REGULATION).When separate tickets are booked, the airlines bear no responsibility for missed connections resulting from delays. Therefore, it is your responsibility to ensure that the connection time is sufficient according to the airlines and airports. Any additional costs incurred on account of missed connections will not be reimbursed.
- Double booking: A double booking means that two or more bookings with the same passenger name have been made with the same airline. If You have a double booking, the airline may cancel the trip(s). This may also occur if the bookings have been made with different travel agencies. We are not responsible for cancellations made by the airlines, nor for denied refunds from airlines, in cases where they suspect a double booking.
3. Airlines banned from operating in the EU (black list)
Please note that certain airlines are prohibited from operating within the EU, according to a decision made by the European Commission in close consultation with the national air transport authorities. Such airlines are prohibited because they are considered unsafe or not subject to adequate control by the authorities of their country. You can check which airlines are affected by an operating prohibition via the following link: Black List (List of airlines not permitted to operate in the EU)
4. Timetable changes and cancellation by airlines
i. Your agreement with the applicable airline may allow them to cancel or amend your bookings. We will notify You of any changes once We are informed of them by the airline.
ii. The flight times shown in your booking confirmation may change between the date of your booking and the date You actually travel. In case of flight schedule changes, We will notify You as soon as We are informed thereof by the airline. However, We strongly recommend that You contact your airline at least 72 hours before the scheduled departure of each flight to ensure that the flight(s) (and any connecting flights) are operating on schedule. We have no control over airline's schedule changes and accept no responsibility for costs which may arise as a result of such changes.
5. Changes and cancellations requested by You (For low cost airline(s), see hereinafter Section 7.)
i. The conditions for changing flight bookings (including change of passenger name, destination, and date of travel) and for providing cancellation refunds are set by the relevant airline, which is your contractual partner for providing the flight. We, as the intermediary, have no influence over such conditions.
ii. If You wish to make a change to your booking or request a cancellation refund, as an additional own service, We offer to handle the request on your behalf, provided that the conditions of the airline permit such a change or cancellation refund. During the process of booking such additional services, we will inform You of any further conditions and fees for such services. Alternatively, you can, of course, approach the relevant airline directly.
iii. In order to be able to handle the changes you request, we need to receive your change requests no later than 24 hours before the start of the trip (by phone only). For requests for change to a shorter notice, we recommend that you contact the airline directly.
6. Non-Appearance or Non-Attendance of the Flight
You hereby authorize us to cancel the non-used flight on your behalf in case of non-appearance or non-attendance of the flight and to request possible refunds from the airline on your behalf. We are entitled but not obligated to do so and your right to request refunds directly from the airline remains unaffected.
7. Low cost airlines
i. When mediating Travel Services rendered by low cost airlines, We may act on your behalf in concluding the contract between You and the low cost airline.
ii. We do not have access to the booking systems of low cost airlines. Therefore, please contact the relevant low cost airline directly for questions on bookings, changes or cancellation of your booking.
iii. Please also note that some low cost airlines charge fees for manual check-in at the airport. In order to avoid such fees, You should use the possibility of online check-in through the website of the relevant low cost airline. Please inform yourself in good time prior to your departure about the check-in possibilities and conditions of your airline.
iv. Booking confirmations for low cost flights are sent as soon as the reservation has been confirmed by the relevant low cost airline. You may receive two booking confirmations - one from us and one from the relevant low cost airline. If You have received two booking confirmations, please use the booking confirmation of the low cost airline for check-in.
D. SPECIAL PROVISIONS FOR MULTIPLE BENEFITS
The Portal offers the ability to combine and match many individual services as you wish. In this case, you are instructed to act as an intermediary for booking different travel services from different suppliers. The relevant vendors will be clearly presented to you during the booking process prior to the completion of the reservation. In the event that you combine individual services, no travel contract is concluded between you and us. Instead, you enter into several individual service contracts with each individual supplier. In this case, we act solely in our capacity as intermediaries in relation to each individual travel service.
E. INFORMATION CONCERNING PASSPORTS, VISA AND HEALTH PROVISIONS
i. Passports, visas and / or health requirements may change and therefore you must have timely communication with the competent authority (embassy, consulate, etc.). It is your responsibility to have a valid passport and, where applicable, a visa. It is important to remember to include all transit points on your journey, for which a visa may also be required. It may often take a long time to get the visa, so we advise you to move forward earlier. No liability is accepted for customers who do not have the right documents.
ii. Each destination has its own requirements with regard to entry formalities, vaccinations, etc. which may also vary according to the nationality of the individual passenger. It is your responsibility to collect this information. We will not be responsible for any incident that may arise from your non-compliance with official regulations. We therefore urge you to always verify the different formalities of the selected destination or countries of transit and the time required to take all the relevant measures.
F. OUR OWN SERVICES
1. Seat Selection
i. The seat selection service was designed to allow You to select and pre-reserve seats for the flight(s). In case your selected seats become unavailable for any reason, the seats which best match your selection (window/middle/aisle) will be reserved instead. The cost for seat selection is non-refundable.
ii. Seat selection is subject to availability at the time of request. Please note that a confirmed seat reservation does not entitle you to a specific seat on board the aircraft (e.g. seat 3A), but only to the selected category (e.g. aisle seat, window seat, seat with more legroom), and that airlines reserve the right to change Your selected seats on board for operational, safety or security reasons. This is not within our control.
iii. Location selection is not available for infants, as they should sit in the lap of an adult during the flight.
2. Extra baggage (where allowed)
The extra baggage purchase service was designed to allow you to choose the fare you want (with or without baggage). Costs for the purchase of additional baggage are not refundable and are not transferred to either the same Service Provider or Other Provider. It is an irrevocably linked service with the booked or purchased airline ticket.
G. CHARGES AND PAYMENT
i. Payment for Travel Services is made either by us (in cooperation with the payment service provider providing the payment processing function) or by the Service Provider. Keep in mind that you may need to share your payment information with your payment service providers, such as credit or debit card information, so we can process the payment. All payment information belonging to our clients is encrypted on a secure server when shared with our payment service providers.
ii. Any communication (telephone or electronic) as well as the services provided through the platform will result in a service fee which you determine exclusively from us and for no reason is refunded.
iii. Depending on the booking options and the added services, the payment can be divided into two separate transactions, one charge from us and another from the respective Service Provider. You will not be charged more than the actual total price displayed on our site. The same payment security measures apply.
iv. In order to be able to process your payment, you must ensure that sufficient funds are available in your account. If you encounter a problem related to processing your payment, we will try again to process your payment in cooperation with our payment service provider. If payment can not be made, we will contact you as soon as possible for instructions on other payment instruments. If we do not receive your payment after these further instructions, your due payment will be referred to a debt collection company.
2. Payment fraud
If there are reasons for us to suspect that fraud is being committed, We reserve the right to refuse processing of such payment. Legitimization of Payment may be demanded if a crime is suspected. All types of payment fraud will be reported to the police and referred to a debt collection company.
1. Claims relating to performance of Travel Services Any problem, remark or claim regarding the actual performance of Travel Services should be addressed directly to the Competent Service Provider (travel agent, airline, insurer) with whom you have entered into the contract for the corresponding travel service. See also CUSTOMER RIGHTS ACCORDING TO THE EU REGULATION.
2. Complaints relating to our own services Complaints relating to our own services are handled solely in writing and are to be submitted within seven (7) calendar days from the expiry date of your trip through the contact form found HERE.
I. CUSTOMER RIGHTS ACCORDING TO THE EU REGULATION
1. Cancelled or delayed flights If you are traveling to or from the EU or an EU carrier, you may have the right to claim reimbursement for which you can claim directly from the airline in case of cancellation, delay or rejection of your boarding flight. For more information on EC Regulation 261/2004, click here .
2. Carrier liability Regulation EC (889/2002) on air carrier liability in the event of accidents. The regulation can be found here.
1. You agree that we act as intermediaries between You and the Service Provider. We will not be responsible in any way for the Travel Services you have booked with one or more Service Providers and we assume no liability for any inaccuracies in the information displayed on the Platform provided by the respective Service Provider.
2. If the Service Provider is unable to provide the Travel Service for any reason, even when a Service Provider declares bankruptcy, we can only act as an intermediary and return any payments we have already received from the responsible Provider Services.
3. As far as our own services are concerned, we are liable for damages subject to the limitations set forth in these instructions and to the extent permitted by law. We will only be responsible for the direct damage you have actually incurred, paid or incurred because of a proven deficit of our obligations with respect to our own services and up to a total amount of the cost of your reservation (either for an individual event or for a series of events).
4. The limitation of liability set out in Section 3 also applies to breaches of obligations by persons for whom we are responsible, in accordance with statutory provisions
K. GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
1. Governing law
Greek law applies exclusively to these terms and conditions and the contract between You and us. As a consumer, you will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which you are resident. Nothing in these terms and conditions, including this Section, affects your rights as a consumer to rely on such mandatory provisions of local law.
2. Online Dispute Resolution
The European Commission provides a platform for online dispute resolution (ODS) under: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/
L. DATA PROTECTION